There are many signs that may indicate that someone is starting to become unwell. Some signs to look for include:
- Feeling tired or less motivated
- Change in appetite
- Little interest or pleasure in doing things
- Change in sleep pattern
More severe symptoms may include:
- Stopping medication or not taking it regularly.
- Feeling tense, nervous, or hostile.
- Social withdrawal or isolation.
- Decline in personal hygiene.
- Increase in paranoia, hallucinations, or hearing voices.
- Confusing or nonsensical speech.